2.3

I ordered two bras from "Woman Within" right before Christmas (2014) and used the "Free Shipping" code that was in the catalog I received in the mail.

Using the size guide in the catalog, I ordered two bras. When the bras arrived (It took forever... but I figured... "free shipping" so I wouldn't complain.) the bras were not a little bit too small but WAY too small. I measured the bras and though they were tagged as a size 46, they measured a 38. (?) Why? I don't know!

So there was a return envelope included with my order and it instructed me to return items in that envelope and I would be charged $7.50 for the return. I understood that. I mailed the items back within 24 hours, followed my account to make certain Woman Within received the return, and then attempted to pay the $7.50. I was told by a customer service rep that I could not pay the $7.50 UNTIL it printed on my account.

When my statement was available online, I noted that I was being charged $26.49. I immediately sent a message by email to the address provided for customer questions. When I finally received a response, I was told it was not a "credit card charge problem." I was instructed to contact customer service by phone. The credit department could not help me with charge disputes, the message stated.

I called the customer inquiry line and was given another number which is the number of the "credit" division and that person gave me the identical number I had just called. I played phone tag for more than an hour.

I was eventually told that there was a $18.99 shipping charge that I was responsible for. Plus, the $7.50 I owed for returning the items. I said, "But I had free shipping!" The woman said, "No you didn't. No code was entered on your original order."

I asked, "There was a code. I entered the code from the catalog on my original order." Then it hit me. "Wait a minute... why did it cost $18.99 for you to ship an envelope with 2 bras in it to me... by the US Post Office? This was snail mail and I DO mean slow. It took more than 2 weeks for me to get my order! Oh, and it cost me only $7.50 to RETURN it to you, and YOU got the return within two days?"

"Well, we charged you for shipping and handling when we sent the order to you," she casually explained.

"I will pay you the $7.50 I actually owe," I said. "I DID NOT agree to pay you an exorbitant shipping charge and what is a 'handling' charge? I will not pay nearly $20 for you to mail me bras that are mis-sized and I never agreed to pay shipping NOR handling. I will not be paying you $26.49."

She said, "Well, we don't want the $26.49. Your payment is late NOW so we expect you to pay $46.49, because that is what you owe."

Now I'm fuming!

"I tried to pay you when I sent the items back. You would not accept my payment. When the payment was posted, it was incorrect. I made a written complaint... then a telephone complaint... and you are telling me you are charging me a LATE charge and I never KEPT any merchandise from your place of business?" I asked.

"If you don't pay, late charges will be applied each month. You WILL pay or your credit will suffer," she threatened.

"I have NO merchandise. None. I am willing to pay the $7.50 I owe. I need to speak to someone who will correct these charges," I told her.

"You will need to call the credit department, but there is no way they will rectify your account just because you are trying to get out of paying," she told me.

"I have an idea," I said. "I won't pay anything... not even the $7.50. I will make a report with the BBB and notify the credit reporting agencies that you are trying to extort money from me when I don't even have any of your merchandise and I attempted several times to pay what I legally owe."

"You will be held liable for both the shipping charges - to and from - and all late charges which will accrue until you finally wise up and pay," she predicted.

I cut up the credit card and mailed it back to them yesterday.

No I won't wise up and pay. Ever.

WomanOnPiano wrote the review because of "incorrect charges and attempted extortion." at Woman Within. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $46 and wants Woman Within to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was being ripped off. Author liked the most variety of merchandise. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Woman Within and woman within shipping service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Orange, California, United States #961685

Oh just grow up and pay what you owe them. Also next time have mommy read all the terms so you are not mistaken about what you owe them.

WomanOnPiano
to KevinRichards Boiling Springs, South Carolina, United States #965364

KevinRichards... have you nothing to do but stalk me?

I would be embarrassed if I were you... posting comments on a woman's clothing site...

or are you a cross-dressing miscreant?

Are you just one of those fatties who think they're thinner than they really are?

Size 48? BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Go have another bag of Whoppers!